UPDATE as of April 2, 2020: Seniors who don’t normally file a return will not have to in order to receive their check.Their money will be directly deposited via their Social Security method of payment.
Please click here for more info: Stimulus Payment Info.
If you have a computer, or a family member, acquaintance or friend who has one and who can help you out, you will need to file a Tax Return in order to receive your stimulus payment.
You will need:
- Your Social Security Number – your actual card is even better as the first four letters of your last name are needed exactly as they are typed on your card and they must match, exactly, your last name printed or filled out on your 1040 SB return.
- Your Date of Birth – as known by the SSA.
- The Printout of your yearly Social Security payout, or, at the very least, your monthly check amounts in order to calculate your annual amount.
- Your Bank’s Routing Number, and your Bank Account number in order to input that info on the form. This is the only way you will receive payment as they are not sending an actual check.
- A 1040 SB paper return or, if you can file electronically, that is even better and much quicker.
If, by chance, you have already filed, and did not input your Bank information, the IRS will be creating a web page where you can go to input your Bank Routing and Account information. Once again, this is the only way you will be able to receive your payment.
Please stay tuned as I will update this page as needed.
Thank you for your visit, and I hope the information is helpful! If you have any comments, please leave them below.